Christie Meyer Faccinto
Christie Meyer Faccinto | BS, CPDT-KA, CBCC-KA
Owner, Training Director
Christie graduated from Michigan State University’s College of Natural Science with a Bachelor’s in Zoology and a Concentration in Animal Behavior and Neurobiology in December 1998. After graduating, Christie attended North State Canine Academy in Sanford, North Carolina (February 1999) where she received her Master Trainer’s Certification in Professional Pet Obedience and Behavior Modification. Her first National Certification occurred via the Association of Professional Dog Trainers in 2005, when she passed her CPDT for the first time. Most recently, Christie passed the standardized exams to earn the titles Certified Professional Dog Trainer (for the second time) and Certified Behavior Consultant Canine through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers ®.
Christie worked with Kern Road Veterinary Clinic in Fowlerville, MI from May of 1997 to March 2008 where she created the behavior programs that led to clinical referrals from other Mid-Michigan Veterinarians. In 2008, Christie moved to Cookeville, TN to become business partners with then boyfriend (now perfect husband), Matthew Faccinto, at ThunderHawk Canine LLC.
In the time since creating Thunderhawk, they have developed into a trusted part of the community, working hand in hand with local veterinarians to promote total pet health – a sound body and a sound mind. They have provided fully trained Police K9s to numerous departments. Christie worked with Putnam County Youth through the 4H Dog Project, and frequently guest lectures at Tennessee Technological University. Under Christie’s guidance, many people have gotten their start in the dog training industry, working from completely green to a Nationally Certified professional through her mentorship. She loves sharing her unique approach with owners and trainers alike.
Since acquiring her first competition dog in 1999, Christie has titled in Obedience, Protection, and Agility. She has personally bred, raised and trained police dogs from birth to full patrol certified. From pet dog to working K9, from over confident to severe anxiety, whether you are a first time pet owner or a seasoned professional, her diversified training experience coupled with a strong veterinary technical assistance background makes her well suited to address your’s and your pet’s every need.
Credentials and Continuing Education
- Certified Behavior Consultant – Canine (CBCC-KA), Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers®
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA), Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers®
- Master Training Certification, North State Canine Academy, Sanford, NC
- Bachelor’s of Science, Michigan State University
Major: Zoology- Animal Behavior and Neurobiology
- Judge 2011-2015– Protection Sports Association
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator American Kennel Club
- Professional Member – Association of Pet Dog Training (APDT)
- Past President/Founder – North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue, Inc
- Demonstrator – Michigan Vet Conference 2007 & 2008, Lansing, MI
- Lecturer – Tennessee Technological University 2014 – Present
- Lecturer – Michigan Veterinary Conference 2006, Lansing, MI
- Lecturer – Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Sept 2004- Jan 2008, Howell, MI
- Instructor – Agility sessions at Camp Dogwood, May 2007 – Sept 2012
- MidWest Veterinary Conference 2021 (Virtual)
- MidWest Veterinary Conference 2020 (Virtual)
- Midwest Veterinary Conf. 2019
- NTPDA Decoy Seminar 2009, TN
- IAABC Conference 2007, Ohio
- Dr. Karen Overall, DVM 2007 Michigan Veterinary Medical Assoc.
- Dr. Jean Dodds, DVM 2006 Canine Health Seminar
- Midwest Veterinary Conf. 2006
- Western Veterinary Conf. 2005
- Midwest Veterinary Conf. 2004
- Midwest Veterinary Conf. 2003
- Midwest Veterinary Conf. 2001